Monday, July 22, 2013

Loyalty

Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause.

I think of this word alot lately, I think it's been abused and thrown around like a rag doll. The idea of working together for a cause is a good thing - it makes us better people all around. 

Sometimes one can over indulge themselves with how long they've at a job, a house, a spouse and sometimes it's just for show and tell. 

Where does it go, what happens to you? It's hard to tell with the ever changing world of technology and the way we do our business. Musicians are paid to be loyal to a certain brand of guitars and they have to be. Banks are sponsors for alot of things, 10ks, our community events and well, sometimes us customers. 

BUT WHAT DOES IT DO FOR US. 

It depends I think on what it is. "Frank's a loyal customer here, at AT &T" or "Bob's a loyal fan of the Rolling Stones" or my favorite - "No one is going to be loyal to you." that hit hard to me one day. I'd been bending over backwards, waking up at 6AM waiting on texts responses all day til the last minute before I give up it shows up. 

Playing the part of the fool in my mind. 

For what? A pat on the back. 

Nah - a paycheck from someone whom I'd been working for? 

Sure. 

A mere thank you would help. 

Think about the next time when you go to the grocery store, the bank, or pick up the same magazine you'd been loyal to. 

What does it mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment