Monday, May 9, 2011

THE WEEKLY SKIRT REPORT: May 9 2011


I am bringing my "blog" over here. I used to post it at my blogger blog. So I am testing out the idea of doing a local scene blog. I know there are TONS of them SO I dunno... Ok here we go:

THE WEEKLY SKIRT REPORT: May 9 2011

Local Restaurant: Giovanni’s on East - West Connector is really good. It’s all made from family-homemade recipes in an easy going atmosphere. Just right amount of garlic and herbs – nothing that won’t disappoint you! Their prices are very good. You can see their menu online- Giovanni will wait on you… it’s the kind of place where one minute you are the only one and the next you’re see 50 more come through the door. So let’s get this place going in the right direction – A BIGGER DINING AREA… http://giovannisgenuineitalian.com/main/

Local Shoe Shop: Cherry Bomb in Atlanta’s L5P: – Shannon and the girls bring you some of the most outrageous shoes for very good prices. I think she is underrated as a shop with her unique picks and finds – go down there for it’s A LOT different than it was – new shops, new eats – check CB here on FB too… www.cherrybomb.com

Sometimes you have to go to Marshalls and such… just have to: So as we were looking for a shade for a lamp I made poor hubby endured 3 hours of the hunt. We were in Hiram - (don’t roll your eyes) we went into Kirkland’s on the main drag – you know I thought it was going to be hoity-toity but it was reasonable. Found the shade – bought the lamp to get it then we went to LOWE’S – found a plethora of shades… what is my problem? I should’ve started there first. Much closer to home. Oh well, he got a Cold Stone Creamery shake out of it…

Many of you know by now, I am the art director at the Defoor Centre and since this is my blog I am going to toot my own horn: June 19th 2-4PM with local southeastern artists – Journeys – at the Defoor it outta be cool especially with Ike Stubblefield, who’s working diligently on his CD release… shhh…

On the Turntable: nothing. I am sorry I suck. I will work on it.

Watching on the Boob Tube: House!

Dog Ears and Turning Pages: The New Rules of PR and Marketing - http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Marketing-PR-Podcasting/dp/0470113456

Song of the Day: “I’m Living Good” performed by Dan Penn/Spooner Oldman – cause no matter what… I got hubby so I am living good… From their live cd: “Moment From This Theatre”

So hang out and wait for the next one. If you like it, cool if not - I promise it will get better…

JK

No comments:

Post a Comment